On this weeks episode of Open Mat Radio, “From the Jaws of Jacare,” we have Romero “Jacare” Cavalcanti on the show.
“We (Alliance) are able to produce champions all the time, regardless if the guy comes from another school, we gonna be able to make him better.”
“I’m not going to be crying about anybody that’s trained with me and left, I’m gonna worry about the guys that train with me right now”
“I saw a match that the guys stay about 8 or 9 minutes and they both with their butt on the mat and nobody want to do anything. It’s horrible, it’s horrible. THIS IS NOT JIU-JITSU!”
“I always try to put myself in positions that I can learn and train with the students; and especially with the instructors like Lucas (Lepri) and Cobrinha and always learn something.“
- His thoughts on loyalty in jiu-jitsu and when it’s acceptable for athletes to change teams
- Jacare recalls what it was like training under the legendary Rolls Gracie
- Hear what Jacare and Carlos Gracie Jr. spoke about regarding double guard pulls at the mundials, and why the rules may need to change
- Jacare’s praise and critique of the current state of the IBJJF and World Pro Cup tournament scenes
- Jacare gives some behind-the-scenes insight into the bracketing process for the absolute division at the Mundials
- Jacare talks about his relationship with Terrere and how it’s changed over the years
- With Sergio Moraes in the UFC, will Alliance be moving towards MMA?